We have been working our way through what we consider to be the streaming API pioneers, showcasing SalesForce, and Twitter, and now we wanted to move to the financial market data provider, Xignite. We are big fans of Xignite, because they are a Streamdata.io partner, and the market data streaming API they are serving up is the bread and butter of Streamdata.io. The majority of our customers are serving up financial market, banking, insurance, and other relevant data, making this area something we will be showcasing regularly on our blog.
The Xignite market data streaming APIs puts Server Sent Events (SSE) to work, delivering market data to web and mobile applications in real time. Using Streamdata.io, it is possible to deliver market data, or any other data source, just like Xignite, to as many users as you desire–we handle all the scaling for you. The Xignite streaming API delivers market data where you need with an emphasis on the following features:
– Global real-time and delayed equity, index, currency, and metal quotes.
– Zero-footprint production infrastructure solution.
– Native browser support for HTML5 open standard Server Sent Events (SSE)
– HTTP protocol eliminates special firewall configuration requirements.
– Scalable to millions of end-user devices.
We love showcasing Xignite because it reflects the benefits of putting Streamdata.io to work, and helps companies realize the potential of market data within their web, mobile, and desktop applications by:
– Streaming market data directly to your apps on end-user devices in minutes.
– Eliminating the need for fanout infrastructure hardware and software
– Drastically reducing time to market for large scale financial mobile and web applications.
– Reducing total cost of ownership.
– Optimizing network bandwidth by streaming only field values that have changed.
– Optimizing mobile user experience by minimizing battery usage.
Delivering the following critical data points that any company is going to need while paying attention to the markets, by streaming these Xignite signature services:
– XigniteGlobalRealTime – This API offers real-time quotes for equities trading on U.S. and international exchanges. In addition to last price and stock quote (bid/ask) data, the API also provides intraday tick data, volume and time weighted average prices and other market statistics including open, high, low, close, and other data for active equities, depository receipts and ETFs.
– XigniteGlobalQuotes – This API offers delayed stock quotes for equities trading on more than 50 international exchanges. In addition to last price and stock quote (bid/ask) data, the market data feed also provides intraday tick data, volume and time weighted average prices and other stock market data statistics including open, high, low, close, and other data for more than 150,000 global active equities, depository receipts and ETFs.
– XigniteNasdaqLastSale – This API offers real time stock quotes for securities trading on NASDAQ and listed on NASDAQ, NYSE, NYSE MKT (formerly AMEX) and other US Exchanges. Powered by the NASDAQ Last Sale and NASDAQ Basic services. This API provides reliable, accurate and affordable price and quote data for all U.S. equity markets with liquidity within the NASDAQ market center and FINRA/NASDAQ TRF. In order to display this real time data publicly via internet, mobile devices and other electronic media, exchange approval is required along with datafeed and user exchange fees. Please contact us for details.
– XigniteBATSRealTime – This API offers real time stock quotes and market data for U.S. equities traded on BATS Exchanges. In addition to stock quotes (bid/ask), the API also provides tick market data and other market statistics including ,open, high, low, close, volume data for stocks, depository receipts and exchange traded funds (ETF) trading on BATS.
– XigniteSuperQuotes – This smart API provides integrated access to intraday real-time and delayed quotes for multiple asset classes including equities, funds and indices. The API automatically routes and sources the right information based on your entitlement preferences and allows you to continue using the same API as you add new asset classes or exchange entitlements to your subscriptions.
– XigniteGlobalCurrencies – This forex rates API offers real time and historical quotes for currency exchange rates (FX). It provides support for more than 170 currencies and over 29,000 currencies pairs, including digital currencies such as Bitcoin.
– XigniteGlobalMetals – This API offers real time prices and quotes for metals including Gold, Silver, Palladium, Platinum and other base metals. In addition to real time precious metals prices, the service provides daily London Fixing prices, gold coin prices, and delayed NYMEX and COMEX Future precious metal prices as well as historical precious metal prices, charts and metal news
– XigniteGlobalIndices – This API offers delayed index values for more than 10,000 U.S. and global market indices, including the popular index families such as Dow Jones, S&P, NASDAQ, NIKKEI and others. Distribution of stock market index data is generally subject to strict licensing by the index family.
– XigniteGlobalIndicesRealTime – This API offers real-time index values for more than 10,000 U.S. and global market indices, including the popular index families such as Dow Jones, S&P, NASDAQ, NIKKEI and others. Distribution of stock market index data is generally subject to strict licensing by the index family.
– XigniteBonds – This API offers delayed traded prices for U.S. corporate bonds and U.S. agency debt bonds as reported to FINRA TRACE. The Trade Reporting and Compliance Engine (TRACE) is the vehicle that facilitates the mandatory reporting of over the counter secondary market transactions in eligible fixed income securities. All broker/dealers who are FINRA member firms have an obligation to report transactions in corporate bonds to TRACE under an SEC approved set of rules.
– XigniteBondsRealTime – This API offers realtime traded prices for U.S. corporate bonds and U.S. agency debt bonds.
– XigniteGlobalFutures – This API offers delayed commodity futures price quotes from major global commodity exchanges such as CME, NYMEX, COMEX, CBOT, Euronext Liffe, Eurex and others. In addition to commodity futures price quotes, the API also provides intraday bars, spot prices, contract termination schedules, and the latest commodity futures market news for contracts written on over 300 underlying assets.
– XigniteGlobalRealTimeFutures – This API offers real time commodity futures price quotes from major global commodity exchanges such as CME, NYMEX, COMEX, CBOT, Euronext Liffe, Eurex and others. In addition to commodity futures price quotes, the API also provides options, spot prices, and contract termination schedules for contracts written on over 300 underlying assets.
Xignite market data streaming API is our premier example of why you want to be using Streamdata.io. The reasons for using the Twitter Streaming API is pretty focused on social data, and SalesForce definitely expands the landscape when it comes to employing event-driven, and streaming architecture. However, Xignite reflects the power of streaming data that can move and shake the business landscape, moving markets, and not just paying your Streamdata.io bill, but also making a significant profit along the way.
We consider SalesForce, Twitter, and Xignite to be the three most significant examples of streaming APIs out there right now. We’ll be profiling some the other streaming APIs out there, but these three really define why you should be delivering data and content in real time. These streaming APIs are getting business done, shifting conversations, and moving markets. All three of these providers have APIs, but they also have demonstrated the importance of having streams available to deliver data when and where it is needed. Which support the Streamdata.io mission, and keeps us doing what we do each day!